Sunday, 14 December 2014

Amazon Haul

Hello!
This post has been a long time coming.... I got loads of Amazon vouchers last Christmas and this is what I bought with them!

Herlitz 8cm A4 Lever Arch Files, £3.49 each
I bought 5 lever arch files each with a different colour fruit covering them so I've organised all my stuff for school. I don't take them all to college with me every day, they stay at home and I bring a file with all the current bits of work I need. These folders were from Herlitz and only cost £3.49. They were 'add-on' items which means your order has to come to £10 before Amazon dispatch it, but the order can be made up solely of add-on items, so it seems like a good deal to me! The folders seem to be of very good quality as well and can fit lots of stuff in them.
Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, £4 (add-on item)
It's always a bit risky getting makeup online as you're never sure on the shade! At first I thought the risk had paid off with this one but now I think it's a bit too dark. I think it's a pretty good foundation, although it's got a bit too much of a 'glowy' effect for my skin type.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, £4.19
At first I thought I'd made a huge mistake and got a shade that was way too light, but now I realise it's not a problem as I use it under my eyes, so it has a brightening effect. I tend to wear this without foundation and it creases quite a lot, so I have started to mix it with my moisturiser to make it less visible. This works well, but does make it a lot less pigmented. I've heard the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer is more moisturising so I think I'll get that the next time I buy a concealer.



Royal Cosmetics Foundation Brush, £2.51
I don't think this is great quality, but I wasn't expecting that with the price. I kind of regret buying this, because of what you'll see I bought just a few weeks later.
Maybelline The Colossal Cat Eyes Glam Black Mascara, £5.50

I really like this mascara, especially the curved brush which covers and shapes lashes very nicely. It does have a bit of an odd smell though, kind of like flowers but I can get over that!



I got a new phone for Christmas, the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, so I bought 2 cases for it. It's pretty hard to find cases for this phone, these are from JammyLizzard and I think they both cost £5.95, but I can't seem to find them on Amazon any more. They fit the phone very well, almost too well as it's extremely difficult to get them off. I'm not too sure on the designs, but they're nice enough. They've definitely been very useful as I've dropped my phone a fair few times and the scratches on the back show the damage this would have done to the phone!

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, £7 when I got it, but it's now gone up to £8.99 - still cheaper than in Boots though!
I love this brush, it's so soft and blends liquid and powder foundation out very well. I also use it for applying bronzer for contouring, but I use a fluffy brush to blend it out.

Real Techniques Shading Brush, £5.50
I love this brush so much!! It's the only eye brush I have, so it gets a lot of use! Amazing for applying and blending eyeshadow.
Maybelline Babylips Cherry Me, £3.99
I really don't know why I bought this from Amazon as it's only £2.99 in places like Boots and Superdrug! So I really don't recommend you do that. However, I do really like this as it's really pigmented and smells amazing.

Sleek Contour Kit, £6.49
This is a great contour kit that works really well. However, this is in the shade 'Light', and as you can see, it isn't that light!
Great Ideas Wooden Desk Tidy/Caddy, £18.75


I bought this to keep my make-up in. My collection isn't that large at the moment, but as it increases I can see it's soon going to be too small! However, I think it's a great way to store make-up because you can see exactly what you're reaching for.

Thanks for reading!
Penny xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx