Sunday, 25 January 2015

Beauty Blogger Enabled Wishlist and Purchases!

Hi!
This post was inspired by Fee with her post - but mine's a bit different as I've bought a few of the products on my wishlist. I just couldn't resist! So these are some products that I've bought or (mostly) want to buy, because of what beauty bloggers have said about them. I've found that there are quite a few repeated brands in there!



  • Maybelline The Rocket mascara - I've been using this for a couple of weeks and I like the wand - it's quite a large plasticky one, which might not appeal to everyone but I'm a fan of. Overall I really like it, but it has transferred to underneath my eyes a couple of times, which I've never really had an issue with before.
  • Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama - I really like the original Falsies mascara, so I'm looking forward to trying this one out.
  • Maybelline Superstay 24 Dual Ended Lipstick Cherry Pie- I'm not too sure about this. I don't know if you could really call it a beauty blogger enabled purchase as I've only seen a couple talk about it, but after swatching I realised how long lasting it was and wanted to try it out. I used this on my lips after I got it and it didn't go very well. It's so pigmented it's unbelievable and also seems quite difficult to apply within the lines. I want to try this again with lipliner on a day when I'm feeling brave about a bold lip colour and I'll report back then!
  • Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer - I went a bit crazy on Maybelline as you can see (there was a 2 for £10 offer in Superdrug)! Now I've heard so many bloggers and YouTubers talking about this so I simply had to get it. The light shade isn't really that light, however - it just about works for me, but if I was any lighter it would look ridiculous. On application, this looks amazing - completely blends into the skin and covers dark circles. However, by the end of the day, I've found that it can become slightly cakey, but nothing drastic.
  • Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Honey - I'm seriously not sure what I've bought here as parts of the label have already worn off - I know it's Colorburst, but I can't find any Colurburst balms in this shade. I've linked the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain as it's the only one I can find in the right shade. Whatever the case may be, I really like this! It's not so pigmented that you'd realise it, but after a few applications it becomes quite noticeable in making  your lips look naturally better. It also moisturises the lips to a certain extent - for a comparison point, I'd say it's better than Maybelline Baby Lips. 
  • Body Shop BB Cream - I've seen so many bloggers talk about this - it seems suitable for my oily skin type and I'd love something with a lighter coverage
  • Body Shop Honey Bronzer - This seems like a great bronzer for paler girls as the shade range goes very light and isn't at all orangey!
  • Soap and Glory Archery Brow Tint and Pencil - I didn't realise until I looked it up, there are two types of this - both have the pencil, but one has a spooly and the other has the felt tip. I'd like the one with the felt tip as after swatching it in Boots, it appeared to last well and look natural.
  • Soap and Glory Solar Powder - Another good bronzer for the pale lot! 
  • Soap and Glory eyeliner - A lot of people rave about this and it looks good for an eyeliner novice like me!
  • Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer - I'm really interested in this for the salmon toned concealer, which is apparently very good for under eye circles. There's a 3 for 2 on Soap and Glory Cosmetics at Boots at the moment, so I may be taking advantage of that!
  • L'oreal True Match foundation - I really need a good foundation and it sounds like this is the one for me! I just need to work out which shade I am, which is always tough.
  • Real Techniques eye brushes - I definitely need some new eye brushes, so this may just be the set for me! 
  • Real techniques Sponge - I really like the idea of applying makeup with a sponge, I just think it would suit me very well.
  • L'oreal lumi magique concealer - Another one good for under eye circles.
  • Kiko palette and eyeshadows - I just love the idea of making my own palette! And I've heard that Kiko's eyeshadows are very good.
  • Kiko shadow stick - I think this would be such an easy way to apply eyeshadow.
  • Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter - This just looks so lovely and I really want to try out a cleansing balm.
  • Soap and Glory Shower Butter - I'm just really lazy. I never bother with body butter even though I have heaps of it, so I think if I had this I might moisturise my body in the shower.
  • Kiko Eye primer - or really any kind of eye primer! Does anyone have any (preferably UK) drugstore recommendations? I'm really not willing to spend high-end prices, but they're just so hard to find on the high street.
  • Real Techniques Nic's Picks - After reading this post, I've been tempted to put this in here as well, as it seems to have a bit of everything. 
I've also got a possible ELF order in my basket, as they've got a free January collection when you spend £25 or more (and the Elf eyelid primer is the only one I've tried that does anything at all). I'm considering buying the Body Shop products, as they have offers on, including £25 off a £50 spend or £10 off a £25 spend (I was also tipped off by MakeupSavvy about this!)

Thanks for reading!
Penny xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hiya, loved this post, I want so many of the same things as you. Just today my blog FAB got a followers button which says 'Join this site' so if you look at my blog and like it, feel free to follow! I will leave my blog link below in case you want it! Hannah xx

    www.fabblogfab.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's funny, we must be watching and reading a lot of the same things!! That's good and I looked at your blog and really like it, but I use Bloglovin to read blogs and you don't seem to have it? Penny xxx

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I have the balm stain in Honey and I wear it all. the. time. I also love Soap and Glory Archery. And the Kiko Clics palette (I wrote a post about it, still love it just as much today!). And the RT sponge. Good list! Think I may have to add some of them to my own wishlist!

    -Rachel ¦¦ a nesting nomad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I feel like I need to stop watching/reading so many beauty bloggers as my bank balance doesn't like it!! I'll have a look at your post about the Kiko palette though....

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx