Sunday, 11 January 2015

EMPTIES

Hi!
These are the products I've used up over the past few months!


Simple Eye Makeup Remover
I love this stuff. It removes makeup very easily and it's so cheap! I really love that it doesn't have oil in, so there's no oily residue. Oh, and it doesn't just remove eye makeup - it can remove anything! Apart from waterproof mascara unfortunately. I bet I've used more than these two bottles in the time since I've been collecting empties, I just haven't saved them all.

Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Cleansing and Toning Lotion
I liked this, as it felt like it was really cleaning the skin. I can't say much about it taking off makeup as I tend to only wear eye makeup and this definitely isn't suitable for the eyes.

Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips
I'm not sure how I feel about these. I can't deny, it was very satisfying to see all the gunk that used to be in my skin. I just don't know how worth it it was, as these seemed pretty pricey to me,



Alberto Balsam Pomegranate shampoo
This is my go-to shampoo. It's only a pound! I mean come on guys, who can say no to that? However, I think after using it for quite a long time, it's started stripping my hair a bit too much, so I'm using a more nourishing one at the moment.

Conditioners - Dove Intensive repair (blue) and Dove Nourishing Oil Care (golden)
I don't remember any particular differences between these conditioners. I guess I'm not that in-tune with my hair... Anyway, these minis brought me back to conditioner. For a long time I didn't use any because I was worried about my hair being greasy, but I think it was because at that point I was washing my hair too much. Basically, I liked both of these but I don't know much about conditioner. I'm currently using a full size version of the yellow one and it makes my hair so soft!


The Body Shop Ginger Sparkle Shower Gel
I know this was discontinued a looooong time ago, as it was from last Christmas, but I just thought I'd mention it as I love it so much. I really need to get some more ginger scents in my life.

The Body Shop Mango Shower Gel
As always, this Body Shop shower gel was very nice, as in it lathers up well and.. um... cleans you? But this smell was a bit too overpowering and sweet for me, and I'm normally a fan of those kind of smells but this one just got too much.

Boots Lime Shower Gel
I really didn't like this. I am generally keen on citrus scents but this one just smelt like cleaning product. I actually stopped using it for quite a long time, but then I made myself finish it.


V05 Plump it up dry shampoo
A fairly new discovery for me. I love it! I used a Batiste one before and thought it did a good job but often left white powder in my hair. Then I bought the cherry flavoured Batiste one and the smell is just to much for me; I had to stop using it. So I bought this. It's. so. good. It seems like no matter how much you put in there's never any white powder. But it makes your hair look like it's just been washed! And so much volume! The only thing is, it seemed to run out very quickly. It didn't seem like it was nearly finished, but then I put it in my bag to stay at my friends and when I came back (not having used it), it had product coming out of it and was empty. I guess that's just an issue with the packaging or aerosols in general. Maybe I'll take my Batiste one when I go away again, as I don't want to waste any of this! I considered buying the Batiste brown coloured one, but then this was on offer, so I have already repurchased!

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
I don't know what the hype about this mascara is. I found the brush to make lashes clumpy and not even in a good way. I used a different wand with this formula before it dried out because I really wasn't a fan.

Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Cat Eyes Mascara
I liked this mascara. I've written about it in this post - you can trust it to be accurate as I'd actually finished it at the time of writing that one!

Thanks for reading!
Penny xxx

4 comments:

  1. The tea tree which hazel is one of my empties too! Take a look at my blog i am also on blog loving! http://jennifercooper99.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe funnily enough I'm already subscribed to you!! What did you think of the tea tree and witch hazel?

      Delete
  2. I love the biore strips! I've been using them for literally years. They are a life saver.

    Felicia | Beloved Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh do you think so?? I'll have to check them out again as I wasn't sure this time! Your blog looks so cool! I've subscribed :)

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx