Friday, 9 January 2015

Focusing on the positive

Hello!
Today I've had a few knock-downs, and it made me realise how important it is to think about the good things rather than dwelling on the negative, which is so much easier.

www.patheos.com
Even though today I had many positive moments, a number of disappointing things also happened which made me feel quite down. I'm going to make a list of things that happened today that I enjoyed:

  • We played a really fun card game, which one of my friends invented, based off the game "Oh Hell" or "Diminishing Bridge"
  • Knowing I can improve on my Maths mark
  • My friend stayed in college later than she normally does, so I could spend time with her in my free period I normally am alone in
  • I had an enjoyable discussion in my German conversation class
  • I bought yummy food and ate it
  • My friend bought some Coke and let everyone else drink some
  • Scintillating debate in my French lesson about Charlie Hebdo #JeSuisCharlie

Now that I'm home, I'm listening to music that I love and I know will cheer me up. I've decided not to do any homework this evening, as it seems a better idea to do fun things, like catching up on blog posts and YouTube videos.

Thinking positive can make such a big difference! For example, before an exam, I often tell myself that I have done enough revision and I will be absolutely fine... So far this has worked fairly well for me. But that aside, if you try to focus on positive parts of your life, I find that the rest tends to fall into place. I know it's so much easier said than done, but worrying too much is just not worth it (obviously ignoring those debts building up is never a good idea though!). I know all this is hard - a main reason for writing this was to encourage myself take my own advice! But know that I believe in you! You can get through this tough patch!

Some admin - I will be posting every Sunday and there will also be some other posts, like this one.
                       Follow me on Twitter! @polka_dot_penny

Thanks for reading!
Penny xxx

6 comments:

  1. Great post! We constantly need to remember what motivates us to do what we do. “Positive thinking just means that you approach the unpleasantness in a more positive and productive way. You think the best is going to happen, not the worst.”

    http://alemint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's such an important quote :)

      Delete
  2. this is a lovely post and its something I plan to focus on in 2015. Your blog is equally lovely and ive just followed on bloglovin!

    Love Olivia at Olivia Rose's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is great and I hope I've managed to inspire you in some way!! I've followed back :)

      Delete
  3. Love this post it's definitely the right way to think :) Always focus on the good things! xx

    xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so! And this is me sending you positive vibes :D X

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx