Friday, 23 January 2015

Liebster Award!

Hi!
So I've been nominated for the Liebster award!! Not just once but twice! By Cal on the Move and Une Belle Fin Thank you so much both of you. If you don't know, the Liebster award is for bloggers with fewer than 200 subscribers, to give them more recognition. I know that after I was nominated by these lovely ladies the views on my blog went up a lot.



So here are the rules:


  1. Thank/link the person who nominated you 
  2. Answer the questions from your nominator
  3. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers (link them)
  4. Create 11 new questions for your nominees 
  5. Notify your nominees through social media/blogs
I'm going to answer some questions from Cal and some from F.
  1. What's #1 on your bucket list? This is a tough one - I really want to travel a lot more as the only place I've been outside Europe is Turkey, which I'm not sure really counts! So - travel lots!
  2. What's your favourite social media platform? Probably Tumblr, although I don't spend as much time on there as I'd like to! Facebook is also definitely the best for keeping up with friends and organising stuff.
  3. Cats or dogs? Oh, definitely dogs! I have 4!
  4. If you could only use one makeup product for the rest of your life, what would it be? Without a doubt, mascara. It's often all I wear anyway.
  5. Where do you get your inspiration for your blog posts from? I'm not sure really - obviously other bloggers and YouTubers. In the past I have looked up "Blog post inspiration", which came back with some fairly useful results. Also, just looking around my room can remind me of something and inspire me.
  6. What was your first makeup experience? I think it was possibly when a couple of my friends did a "makeover" on me when I was about 11. It turned out quite well actually!
  7. What's your most loved piece of clothing? If we're talking most worn, it has to be my leather jacket, which I wear practically every day (featured in this post)
  8. What was your first ever post? A haul post, here.
  9. What's your favourite album? At the moment probably (predictably) 1989. I also love Electra Heart by Marina and the Diamonds.
  10. Why did you start blogging? I think I was just inspired by blogs I read and YouTube channels I watch. I also love having a place I can just use to talk about things I enjoy!
  11. What is your favourite way to unwind/relax? I guess it's just to go on my laptop, watch some YouTube videos, read some blog posts and browse Tumblr!
Nominating people for this has made me realise I don't follow that many blogs with under 200 subscribers! So I didn't make it to 11 nominations, unfortunately. If you're a less well known blogger, post below, I'd love to check you out! There were others I wanted to nominate, but they had already done this post! Honourable mentions go to Alice and another Alice!


I'm looking forward to seeing your replies to my questions which are:

  1. What is your favourite palette?
  2. Who is your OTP?
  3. How long does it take you to get ready?
  4. What book are you reading/have read recently?
  5. What's your favourite type of sweets?
  6. What are you listening to right now?
  7. What's your favourite drugstore brand?
  8. Who is your favourite blogger/YouTuber?
  9. Would you rather go out with nice hair and no makeup or nice makeup with bad hair?
  10. What's something (apart from your phone!) that you can't leave the house without?
  11. What's your favourite hot drink?

Please let me know somehow when you've answered as I'm really interested to read them - my twitter is @polka_dot_penny.

Thanks for reading!
Penny xxx

8 comments:

  1. Do you get anything for being nominated, Or is it a way to get more people to view your blog?

    Maff // www.teatomorrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award, great answers! Thanks for mentioning me - I'm sorry that i've already done the post xx : )

    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 1989 too! Constantly on replay :).. Great post and answers.

    I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. http://madmeinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-versatile-award-thank-you-so-much-x.html

    Ana x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so good! Thank you so much!!! I'll do that soon, but I'm not sure if I have that much that interesting to say...

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx