Sunday, 18 January 2015

Reading Challenge 2015

Hi!
So, although I wrote this post about my New Years resolutions, I've since thought of a couple more!! I've decided to take part in the reading challenge, inspired by The Private Life of a Girl.



Although I love reading, I just don't! For me, it's mostly because I simply can't be bothered to pick out the books, which is an awful excuse. As for time, I think I do have enough time, because I always try to switch off from school work before I eat supper. My favourite time for reading is before I go to sleep, as it helps me relax so much. One thing I definitely have to work on is not reading when I should be doing something else. Sometimes, when I start reading in the morning, I can never stop so I don't get anything done that day!

I have challenged myself to read 50 books. I wasn't really sure what number to go for as I have absolutely no idea how many books I read last year, so I don't really know what's a challenge for me. What I do know is that the challenge has definitely encouraged me to find books to read so far!

Another post including a new resolution will be coming up soon!

Thanks for reading!
Penny xxx

15 comments:

  1. Good luck with reading 50 books! I really want to get back into reading again

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading is definitely one of those things you enjoy doing, but can never seem to make time to do!

      Delete
  2. Wow 50! That's nearly 1 a week! Good luck! I love reading too, but I rarely have the time anymore! I have Gone Girl waiting on my pile too though :) Thanks for following, I've followed back :) xx

    xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm ahead of schedule according to GoodReads so it's going quite well!! I absolutely LOVED Gone Girl, hopefully you will too! Thank you :D

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your reading!!! Your blog is great :)
    BTW, I nominated you for the Liebster Award, so be sure to check it out on my blog -- calonthemove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there I nominated you for the liebster award!
    check out my blog!
    xx
    belle-fin.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Penny! Here at www.lucyandjessinwonderland.blogsot.com we love your blog, so why not nominate you for the Liebster awards! We believe that you as an amazing blogger have the chance to do great things this year! To find out more check out our last blog post! Happy blogging! Love Jess and Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! But I've just done a Liebster Award post, sorry xxx

      Delete
  6. i'm the same way, i love to read but i just get lazy about it! might have to put gone girl on my list

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to not read! You should :)
      Penny xxx

      Delete
  7. I'm doing the same exact thing - 50 books in 2015! I've never done this before, either, but I love reading so it should be fun! I use this app called Goodreads to keep tracks of the books I want to read, have read, and am reading and how close I am to my goal, and it's really nice. Have you read Gone Girl yet? I've heard it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's interesting!! Yeah I've been using Goodreads, but I haven't got the app - is it good? Yes I've read it and I loved it!

      Delete
  8. I love Gone Girl! And the movie was excellent too! x

    www.chedsneh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to see the film now after reading the book!

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx