Friday, 27 February 2015

CURRENTLY #1

Hi!

I've decided that I'm not going to continue with monthly favourites posts (I gave up quickly after only one!). This is because at the end of January, with so many blog posts and videos, all containing loads of lovely products, books and food, I found it quite overwhelming. So I've taken inspiration from a few bloggers who do something similar, and I'm going to occasionally do a post like this with some favourites, but laid out in a slightly different way. (I do realise this is basically now February Favoutites time but sssshhh) This will also give me an opportunity to do mini reviews and not just talk about everything I love.



Currently listening to:
Love me like you do by Ellie Goulding - This song is just so easy to listen to, I don't know what it is, but I can't stop clicking on it. I don't know about you guys, but I have stages with music and at the moment I'm in one of those stages where I don't really care about it very much, unlike in January when I was feeling pretty musicy!
Ear Biscuits - Rhett and Link have come off their podcast hiatus! YAY. I love listening to this, even though I often don't actually know who the people they talk to are - I can't watch every single YouTuber ever! I have a confession to make actually... I've never actually watched any of Reht and Link's videos - in fact I'll do that right now.

Currently watching:
The Casual Vacancy - This is the TV adaptation of JK Rowling's novel. It's pretty dark so not necessarily enjoyable as such, but very gripping,
Becca Rose - She's got such a lovely personality! I started watching her a while ago, but then stopped for a time when I wasn't so interested in beauty for some reason, but now I have wholeheartedly returned!

Currently reading:
 - All the blogs from my January Favourites still stand, but at the moment I've been enjoying reading my best friend's blog Diary of the Little Things *cough* what a lovely name, I wonder who thought of that? *cough*. It was really cool to read about her recent trip to Budapest - the posts were just like diary entries with all her thoughts about everything.
- I hit a bit of a reading rut recently. I started about 3 books but then got bored by the end of the first chapter. The Ivy Tree has brought me out of that rut! It's an interesting concept and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Currently using:
 - Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze - This is just so great for any look - you can layer it up so it looks full on or you can go for a more subtle effect. I also found that when I used it with my Elizabeth Arden Advanced Eye Fix Primer it lasted the whole day and into the evening as well, which is unheard of for me. I'm going to have to get my hands on Permanent Taupe so I can use it as a more neutral base.
 - Benefit Roller Lash - Although I wasn't too impressed when I first tried it (in this post), I've since been using it and I've been enjoying it a lot more than I did at first. I think it's a good one to really layer up into a dramatic look as I did the other night. However, I do find it slightly difficult to apply - I think the formula is quite dry/sticky, which possibly explains why so many beauty gurus were impressed when they tried it, as mascaras tend to be better after they've dried out. A lot of the formula seems to stick to the brush, which can result in getting a clump in the eye, which happened to me this week and I could see a black blob out of the corner of my eye for the whole day.


Currently loving:
 - You guys! I recently hit 150 followers on my Bloglovin, which I'm so blown away by! I haven't been blogging properly for very long, and 150 people is just a huge amount. Think about it - if that many people were in a room it would look like a lot. So thank you so much.
 - Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Cookies - These are on special offer for £1 at the moment, so as there's a Sainsbury's Local opposite my college I have probably been eating a few too many of these!

Currently doing:
 - The decision of where to go to university continues, but I won't bore you with that!
 - It's my friend's 18th birthday this weekend, so she's having a gathering, which is an occasion with some of my closest friends and alcohol, so it's bound to be a lot of fun!

Currently wanting:
Rimmel Scandeleyes Nude Eyeliner - I want something to wake my eyes up! This seems to be the only nude eyeliner I can find, but I'm open to alternative suggestions.
A lipliner - I'm not quite sure which one (I'm edging towards the Natural Collection one, as it's cheap) or which colour, but I know I need to get my hands on one!

Thanks for reading! What are you reading/using/loving at the moment?
Penny xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx