Sunday, 22 February 2015

FOTD

Hi!

So today I just felt like putting on some makeup and trying out some bits, so I did! This is the finished look - it didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, but I wanted to share with you how I achieved it and my thoughts on some of the products I used.


I started off by putting on Botanics Mattifying Day Cream and Botanics Hydrating Eye cream - I wasn't sure if to use moisturiser with a BB cream, but I decided to as I didn't want my skin to feel dry. I also put on some Vaseline - I recommend this one as mine was limited edition.


And this is what that looked like!


Just to warn you - I put everything on in a very odd order! I started off with the Body Shop Tea Tree BB Cream in Light, which I blended in with my fingers. It was my first time using this and I really like it as it looks very natural. It's supposed to adapt slightly to your skin tone and I'm not sure if this is true, but for me it was a very close match to my skin. Then I put on a very small amount of the Elizabeth Arden Advanced Eye Fix Primer and while I was waiting for it to dry I brushed through my eyebrows with Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown. The eye primer does help eyeshadow stick around, but it can make blending a bit difficult. I don't like to do too much to my brows as they're already quite thick and I like the shape of them, so I just want something that adds some colour. I then went all over the lid with the beigey shade from Makeup Revolution's Mattes Palette using a Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush (all eye brushes from their Starter Set). I don't recommend the palette as the lighter shades aren't very pigmented and they're all quite chalky. The brush set is lovely, but my application skills leave a lot to be desired!


I then started using my W7 In the Buff palette, which is a dupe for the Naked 2 palette. I went in with Camel (dupe for Half Baked) on my Base Shadow Brush on the outer half of my eyelids. Then I put the matte shade Chocolate (Tease) through the crease with a deluxe crease brush. I used Onyx (Blackout) with the accent brush to line my top and bottom lashes. Now I know this is completely the wrong thing to do, but I highlighted my brow bone and inner corner with the eyebrow brush using Sand (Bootycall). I think using the eyebrow brush worked very well for the inner corner, as it was just the right shape. I used Maybelline Eraser Eye in Light to conceal dark under eye circles and blemishes. I think this concealer is better when I'm not wearing any base makeup, as it looked a bit cakey with the BB cream. 

I then set all my base using Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Transparent using an Elf Complexion brush. I contoured my face with the bronzer and highlight from my Sleek Contour Kit in Light using the Real Techniques Expert Face brush and the complexion brush again. I applied Elf Cream Blush in the shade Vixen with the Elf Stipple Brush. I think this gives a really natural result. I went all over the face again with the complexion brush to blend everything together. 

I then used Benefit Roller Lash, which I got with Elle magazine. I've heard so many amazing reviews, so I was slightly disappointed when I used it. It gave a good effect on one eye, but the other seemed to go very clumpy. I did like the mascara, I was just expecting a miracle product after everything I've heard! I liked it on the bottom lashes, as the applicator is so small. For lips, I used my Revlon Lip Butter in the shade Lollipop. I normally just dab this on for a subtle effect, but this time I went quite heavy and it came out ridiculously bright, so I rubbed off quite a bit and applied Maybelline Babylips Cherry Me over the top, as it's a bit darker. 

I look dead behind the eyes!

Thanks for reading!
Penny xxx

4 comments:

  1. I love this FOTD, its just so natural and pretty x

    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely. I love the Botanics skin care range but I'm yet to try out the moisturisers, so might have to give that one a go.

    I'm also a big fan of the Sleek contour kit too. I spot a few other products that I'll have to try out... It's a shame about the Roller Lash mascara, as I keep hearing about that one too but I get what you mean, things can often get 'over hyped' I guess. Still, It looks good on you though. =D

    Samio x
    www.samio.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I quite like the moisturiser but I don't think I'd repurchase it as it doesn't mattify my oily skin as much as I'd like! Yeah, I've been using the mascara a bit more and although I don't absolutely love it, I do like it more than I first thought :) I've got a post coming up with more about that. Penny xxx

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx