Sunday, 8 February 2015

Versatile Blogger Award/Infinity Dreams Award

Hi!

I was recently nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Ana in this post. Then, this week, I was nominated for the Infinity Dreams Award by Alice, here. I'm so grateful to both of these lovely girls for nominating me for these awards! I've decided to combine them into one post, as they have similar elements!

domesticgeekgirl.com


Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:

  1. Thank the person who gave you this award, and leave a link to their blog
  2. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
  3. Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly
  4. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award

Rules of the Infinity Dreams Award:

  1. Thank and follow the blogger that nominated you
  2. List eleven facts about yourself
  3. Answer the questions given to you
  4. Nominate eleven more people and write some questions for them to answer
I'm going to list 5 facts and answer some of Alice's questions!

Facts about me:
  • I'm 18, meaning I'm a legal adult, which completely terrifies me. The other day, I went into Tesco to buy some ciders, and I decide to say the cashier as he's looking at my ID "THIS IS MY FIRST TIME BUYING ALCOHOL AFTER BEING 18!!" And he just looks away awkwardly...
  • Sort of related to the last fact, I'm trying to decide which university I want to go, which I'm finding completely impossible - every time I go to one, I think I like that one the best!
  • I am an only child, which makes people either think I'm spoilt or they're jealous of me not having annoying siblings! For me, I just don't know what it's like having brothers or sisters, so I don't know if I should be jealous of others or pleased!
  • I wear contact lenses and it makes my friends very confused any time I wear my glasses, because they think I've suddenly developed sight problems without telling them. 
  • I eat soup at college everyday and the people working in the cafe know me so well, I don't even have to ask anymore as they already know what I'm going to get!
Alice's Questions:
  • If you could move to another country where would it be? I would love to live in a French or German speaking country at some point in my life, as I study A levels in those languages. 
  • Your holy grail beauty product? I can't actually think of a holy grail product, but I do love my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze.
  • Favourite shop? My favourite clothes shop is probably New Look, even though I wouldn't immediately think that - I just always seem to go for their styles of clothes and the prices are so good! Then there's Boots and Superdrug, which I love to spend a LOT of time in.
  • What are you looking forward to in 2015? So many things!! I'll have a very long Summer this year, so I've got a lot of plans (post coming up soon).
  • Do you have any pets? I live on a farm, so we have a lot of animals! But, regarding pets, we have 2 sheepdogs and 2 Jack Russells.

I'm going to nominate:

Alice Phillips
A Nesting Nomad
BeautyandShe
Pay With Polka Dots
Tea Tomorrow
The Fashion Ramblings
Say Cheesy Cake

This is a nomination for the Versatile Blogger Award, so I'm not going to give any questions!

I found the nominations quite hard, as I didn't want to double up nominations from my Liebster Award post! Please tell me if you respond to my nomination - I would love to read your facts and answers to my questions.

Thanks for reading!
Penny xxx

17 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a lovely idea! I love your blog, from your newest fan,
    Emily x
    http://wondersofafairytale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much!!! I've just checked out and subscribed to your blog :) Penny xxx

      Delete
  2. I love this tag! I hope you manage to decide which uni you want to go to!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny,
    Thanks so much for the nomination.
    I would love to see some pictures of your pets and your farm in a post. That would be so nice to see!

    Jo of
    Say Cheesy Cake
    Say Cheesy Cake on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool, that's interesting to know :) one of my dogs is in this post http://polka-dot-penny.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/sparkly-updates.html Penny xx

      Delete
    2. I saw your dog on the post. Have you got a name already? So cute!

      Delete
    3. Hi Penny, I did the Versatile Blogger Award and it's up now on the blog. Hope you are having a great Sunday.

      Jo | Say Cheesy Cake
      Say Cheesy Cake on Bloglovin

      Delete
    4. Yes! She's called Bella :) Thanks for telling me about the post! :D

      Delete
  4. Hey Penny!

    I am 18 too! My Dad took me to a pub on my birthday for my first drink and they didn't even ask for my I.D. I was like that's just not cool haha.

    Deciding on a university is so hard :(. I am having the same trouble! I hope you find somewhere soon!

    Ana xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww that's so rubbish! See I was buying these in the tesco right opposite my 6th form, so it's pretty common for under 18s to be in there! Good luck with your university stuff as well! Penny xxx

      Delete
  5. I’ve just found your blog and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    I like your posts and photos! Really amazing!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! Funny you say that about my photos as I take mine with my phone! But this one is stolen from the internet somewhere... Penny xxx

    ReplyDelete

  7. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd love to follow you, can you post a link to your blog here please? :) Penny xxx

      Delete
  8. Thanks for nominating me! Here's my response: http://bit.ly/16YI7t0. I'll warn you - it's a random one!

    I have 3 older sisters and I think they're awesome, but like you I don't know any different! I went to the University of Birmingham, and I thought it was fantastic. What are you hoping to study?

    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your response!!! Thank you :)
      I haven't applied there, not quite sure why, I just never really looked into it. I'm hoping to study French and German. What did you study??
      Penny xxx

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx