Sunday, 1 March 2015

Body Confidence

Hi!

Today, I'm going to talk about a very important issue, that I don't think I can come close to covering in one post. Body confidence. I don't think there is a single person in the world that is completely happy with their body. However, it is possible to look past your faults and accept yourself for who you are! I would personally consider myself to be quite confident about how I look, so I hope I can pass some of that on to you!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/etsyjoojoo/5762783932/

If you think about it, do you really notice if one of your friends has a spot or greasy hair one day? I know that I don't! Maybe I'm just really unobservant, but to me, once I know a face quite well, I don't really notice when it changes, other than makeup, which I always notice. The only time I would realise that something was different is when the person is self-conscious about something, like if they're picking a spot of pulling down their skirt. I am the worst culprit for this, but I do try, especially with blemishes, as obviously that just makes it worse anyway! So my advice here is just... TRY NOT TO THINK ABOUT IT! Something so much easier said than done, I know, but give it a go. The thing is though, even if someone does see you're not looking perfect one day, I'm sure they won't actually care. I bet, when you're fussing over how your legs look in that skirt, your best friend is thinking that your hair looks amazing today.

Something that can really help you to feel better about how you look is taking selfies - maybe you take them when you feel especially gorgeous. Or, you could try to take one every single day, so you're spending time each day trying to look your best. I just don't know what it is about selfies, but they do give a confidence boost. Another thing you can do is wear makeup - not to cover up, but to emphasise your natural beauty and just make you feel a million dollars. I feel like this Tumblr post that I found really explains what I'm trying to say here. Wearing your favourite clothes or hairstyle can also help you to feel much better on a day when you don't think you look your best.

My challenge to you is to try to find 3 things you like about your body, which will hopefully be easy for you! Once you've done this, maybe you can try to dress in a way that emphasises your best bits - if you like your arms, maybe you could wear vest tops? SprinkleOfGlitter talks quite a bit about this sort of thing (this is an oldie but a goodie).

Thanks for reading and I hope this post was useful for you!
Penny xxx

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was quite nervous about putting it up as I don't really know anything about this area!

      Delete
  2. Great points Penny. I agree, I really do feel that taking pride in your appearance helps with self confidence. Even if you're not a makeup wearing person, things like wearing something nice or doing your hair difference can really help to make you feel good about yourself and the taking selfies, I'm guilty of that (but you're right, it helps). =D

    Samio x
    www.samio.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you understood what I meant about making yourself look nicer and selfies as I wasn't sure it was clear enough! :)

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx