Monday, 30 March 2015

My make-up mug!

Hi!

Recently, I've been buying far too much make-up... which resulted in my make-up storage drawers (seen in this post) no longer being enough for it all! So I decamped some of the longer things into this pretty mug.




  • Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown - I really like this because I am fairly happy with my brows, I just sometimes like a bit more colour in them.
  • ELF Eye Primer in Sheer - I won't say much about this or any of the other eye primers as I've got a detailed review of them here. On the subject of ELF - the UK website is closing down, so links will be from the US website.
  • ELF Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick in Turkish Coffee - I quite like this, but I haven't used it very much yet. It also doesn't come out particularly well on top of other eyeshadows, but I will keep using it and get back to you.
  • Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeliner in Nude - I bought this to use in the waterline, but I've found that the colour is far too orangey and it slips down my waterline onto my lash line but is then a nightmare to remove from there - not impressed after reading so many positive reviews.
  • Topshop Kohl Eyeliner in Coal - I've been really enjoying using this in the waterline and tightline recently. It doesn't have the best staying power, but it's quite creamy and easy to use.
  • Barry M Liquid Eyeliner in 61(?) - Couldn't seem to find this colour anywhere, but I quite like the applicator and staying power of this eyeliner. 
  • ELF Primer Eyeshadow in Silver - I like to use this sheered out on my eyelids, to add a bit of sparkle. It's definitely creases a lot more than a primer on me, but anyone with less oily eyelids would probably have no issues with it. 
  • Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in Fair - I don't particularly like this concealer as it's too heavy to be used under my eyes, especially when I use it without any base makeup. And the shade I have is too light to use on the rest of my face, unfortunately. As you can see all of the writing on the packaging has rubbed off as well!
  • Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner - I'm not that keen on this - I definitely wouldn't recommend it but it's OK. I really want something I can line my eyes really finely with - or maybe I just need to improve my skills?
  • Natural Collection Lip Liner in Mulberry - I've only used this as a colour for the whole lips so far, but I really like the colour and it fades nicely. The issue is that it clings badly to dry patches - on me it makes parts of my lips look purple.
  • MUA Pro Base Eye Primer - Review
  • ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer - Review
Thanks for reading!
Penny xxx

6 comments:

  1. Your mug looks so cute! Loved the post! x (:

    Truly Yours, Kyle | trulyyourskyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no such thing as not much make up! I love the mug and makeup! Super cute! xxx
    http://roziebud.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you mean too much?? If so, my heart agrees but my bank balance doesn't! :O Penny xxx

      Delete
  3. amazing post!!

    had a great read thanks for sharing :D

    cute blog !!

    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'll have a look at your blog xx

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx