Sunday, 22 March 2015

My morning routine!

Hi!

Today I'm going to tell you all about what I get up to in the mornings. This really isn't a skincare routine, as I don't do very much at all in the mornings - it's more of a lifestyle post.



After getting up at 6.30 (or 7.30 when I don't have a lesson first period), I go and have breakfast straight away. I eat the same thing every day without fail. Lots of butter and a little of Marmite on my mum's homemade bread, a pint of water and a glass of juice or smoothie. At the weekend (when I would be breakfasting a lot later!) I watch YouTube videos while I eat, but there's no time for that on a school day!



I then make my way sleepily upstairs to the bathroom, where I don't shower, simply because it takes too long - I love showering in the morning, but I don't want to have to get up 15 minutes earlier when I could just do it the night before! I use deodorant, wash my face with cold water, brush my teeth and put my contact lenses in. Then I use Botanics Hydrating Eye Cream - I probably wouldn't buy this again as it somehow makes my under-eyes feel dryer, but whenever I put it on my eyelids (rarely) it makes them feel sticky, so it isn't ideal. Next I use Botanics Mattifying Day Cream, which I quite like as it does moisturise the skin, which I was worried it wouldn't, being called mattifying. However it doesn't keep my oily skin matte all day, but I don't think I should really expect it to. 

W7 In the Buff, Makeup revolution Essential Mattes, ELF Baked Eyeshadow Pallette in California (not sure what's going on with ELF), Maybelline Colour Tattoos in On and On Bronze, Permanent Taupe and Pink Gold, Maybelline The Rocket Mascara, Maybelline Age Rewind, Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner, Benefit Roller Lash, Topshop Kohl Liner, Sleek Contour Kit in Light, Maybelline Brow Drama In Medium Brown, Revlon Balm Stain in Honey, ELF blush in Blushing Rose (US link), Limited edition Vaseline, Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop, Elizabeth Arden Advanced Eye Fix Primer (not pictured)
I then put on some combination of the above products - I would never have enough time to use them all, so I like to switch it up a lot. I will always wear mascara and some kind of lip product, even if it is just the Vaseline that doesn't really add very much colour. I then do my hair and get dressed and  rush out of the door at (hopefully) 7.20! 

Thanks for reading! How does my morning routine compare to yours?
Penny xxx

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying so hard to get up at 6:30, but it's really hard for me! I can get up, but I always end up laying in bed and falling back asleep because it's so darn comfortable even if I know I'm not sleepy enough to go back to sleep!

    I don't do morning showers either - I'm such a lazy person haha, I'd rather spend the extra time sleeping as well :P

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just make myself get up as soon as I wake up! I don't really know how I do it...! I'm glad you agree with the showers thing :D

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx