Sunday, 8 March 2015

My stash of body butters!

Hi!


As a girl, I always seem to get body products as presents. I've only bought one of the products in this whole collection, and that was only as the free part of a 3 for 2 deal! Now, I'm not complaining, but I do find that whilst I use the shower gels, the body butters and scrubs tend to just stick around in a bag in the corner of my room. I'm definitely guilty of not moisturising my body enough! I thought I'd share my collection with you today and tell you what I think of everything.


The Body shop's body butters are probably my favourite formula - they're just so thick and rich, making it so much more fun to scoop out and lather over yourself. I absolutely LOVE the Chocomania scent, but I don't think I could deal with it as a shower gel or scrub. I seem to have acquired a Satsuma Body Butter and Body Puree. I quite like the smell of these, but I find the container of the puree absolutely impossible, as it's so small! 


I dislike this Sanctuary Spa scent, so I may be biased when it comes to these, but obviously they're not my favourites! It just seems like an old lady smell. I've got the Foaming Bath Soak, the Body Scrub, the Luxury Bath Float, the Body Lotion and the Body Wash, which I actually really like as it has moisturising "capsules", so if you like the smell of these products, this is a good one. I may have a sniff of the White Lily and Damask Rose version in Boots and see what I think, as that has a similar gimmick and could suit me more.



Now this section was impossible to find online! I couldn't find the Beauty Parlour Online at all - I just use this Body Wash and Body Butter when I have a bath, which isn't very often. I did a bit better with Along Came Betty - I found the brand, but not the product, which is called the Light Shimmer Lotion. It's got quite a sickly sweet smell, but it's fairly unoffensive. 


It was hard to find these Creightons body butters online but I managed it, which I'm so pleased about as I love them! Although the Avocado and Almond sounds very odd, it's definitely my favourite! The Raspberry and Pomegranate is also lovely. They're also pretty cheap, so definitely worth checking out. I've only just realised after trying to find a link for it, that the Natural Collection body products are no longer available at Boots in the UK! Those products really were a blast from the past - I remember when everyone would have the body sprays and it's made me quite sad that the brand is no more.


I'm not the biggest fan of the Ted Baker scent, so I've kept hold of the Body Wash, Body Souffle and Body Spray, with the view of possibly taking them on holiday or something in the future. The Soap and Glory Righteous Butter is obviously completely wonderful, but I just don't use it enough! I also think the Orangeasm and Sugar Crush scents are more 'me'.

I pledge that I will use up my favourite body butters ONE DAY. I will have finished at least one of these by the end of the year!

Thanks for reading! Do you have the same difficulty as me with body butters?
Penny xxx

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a big body butter girl either, but I do moisturize with oil instead. I think you just have to find your 'thing' :)
    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I do like body butters, but it's just the effort!! I'm extremely lazy when it comes to things like this!!

      Delete
  2. I love my body shop butters, I have the raspberry and blueberry! x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I love the raspberry scent - I have it in a shower gel! Haven't smelt the blueberry one but it sounds good!

      Delete
  3. I love body butters, especially Body Shop ones. They smell amazing! x

    Amy | The Perks of Being Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I'm trying so hard to keep using the body butters that I like! I recently found out Body Shop have skin types on them like normal and dry!

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx