Thursday, 23 April 2015

Beachwear Insecurities

Hi!

Since this post, my summer plans have become slightly more clear. We have booked a holiday at my friend's parents' house in Menorca. There will be 5 girls and 2 boys. Today, when I saw my friend she immediately asked us all if we would be wearing bikinis, looking extremely worried. When I and 2 of my other friends said we would be, she became even more distressed. She and another of my friends had been discussing how worried they were about it for about half an hour, when the rest of us hadn't thought too much about it. It turned out she was planning to wear shorts and a T-shirt for our entirely beach based holiday (including in the sea!).

Not my image


I find it very interesting that these two friends are worried about wearing bikinis, especially as they're both extremely slim. I have never been too concerned about baring myself to the world (apart from the obvious bikini line issues)! However, I thought I would find some options for people who are trying to find swimwear that covers up a bit more. They're mostly quite pricey, but I'm sure there would be cheaper options out there if you search around - these are just ideas! (...it turns out I like blue a lot)

Swim Shorts - Coolibar - $55

Dresskini - Lands End - £55.58

Boy Shorts - Lime Ricki - $9.50 (on sale!)

Swim Dress - Hydrochic - $79

Tankini Top - Limi Ricki - $47.50

Ruffle Wrap Skirt - Limi Ricki - $36.50

Boyleg Swimsuit - Slazenger - £6.49

I also think something really great is a cover-up or kaftan - I definitely want to get my hands on one this year! Here are some of my favourites:



Crotchet Trim Kaftan Top - Boohoo - £18
Brave Soul Blue Paisley Kimono - New Look - £14.99

Brave Soul Pink Abstract Longline Kimono - New Look - £19.99


Thanks for reading!
Penny xxx

PS Sorry this post is extremely late - exams are fast approaching so I've been a little slack on the blogging front.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay, I love this as I'm going on a beach holiday soon, too, and to be honest, I kinda have the same issue as your friends! I'm a bit self conscious in a bikini, so these are awesome options :)

    ♥.•*¨ AmandaSays ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could help you out in this way! :)

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx