Friday, 10 April 2015

CURRENTLY #2

Hi!

It's time for another post about what I've been up to lately, this month including lots of beauty-type products!



Currently listening to:
Jealous by Labrinth - This song always gets in my head, so I have to listen to it, then it carries on around my head meaning I have to listen to it again... a vicious circle! But it is a beautiful song.
Heartbeat Song by Kelly Clarkson - A fun and upbeat song that always makes me dance around the room!
Lay Me Down ft. John Legend by Sam Smith - I am obsessed with Sam Smith's voice and this song is just so soulful and sad.

Currently watching:
Bluestone 42 - I really love this programme - it's a comedy about a bomb disposal unit in the army, which doesn't sound particularly funny, but trust me, it's hilarious!

Currently using:
Body Shop Tea Tree BB Cream - I really went off using a base for quite a long time, because the others I own don't give an effect I love, but since having this I love wearing a base!
Soho Soap Co Spiced Apple Tart Shower Gel - I kept going into Sainsburys, basically just to smell this and finally I caved in and bought it. It is a lovely smell, but it's really too much to use as a shower gel, in my opinion. It's an extremely sweet smell so I wish I'd picked up a different fruity flavour, because they are all scrummy smelling.
Maybelline Age Rewind - I've been using this a lot recently, especially under my eyes. It is too dark for my skin tone, but once it's blended in you can't tell at all. This is the best concealer to use without any foundation, (most of the time for me!) as it looks quite natural.
Nivea Cleanser and Toner - For a while I didn't think I was that keen on this, but lately I've incorporated it into my morning routine and it seems to make my skin feel so much softer.
Topshop Kohl liner in Coal - I'm LOVING wearing this in the waterline and tightline at the moment! I was scared of that for quite a long time, and it does feel a bit weird, but I love the understated, but also dramatic way it looks. This liner doesn't budge from there for quite a few hours, and when/if it does, it just creates a smudgy look, which I love.
Boots Vitamin E Night Cream - I'm not in love with this moisturiser. As you would imagine, I use it at night and it definitely keeps me moisturised, but it doesn't do anything spectaculor. I wouldn't say my skin feels particularly soft after using it, but my main issue is that once or twice after using a harsh mask or scrub, it has had a mild reaction on my skin, making it feel a bit raw.
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara - I realise that I've talked about this fairly negatively before (here and here), but now I've decided that I really like this mascara. I don't know what wasn't working for me before, but after using my Rocket Volum mascara and being so unimpressed by the results (whereas before I quite liked it), I realised this really is a good one for lengthening and separating.
ELF Cream blush in Vixen - This blusher looks terrifying in the pot, but once applied sparingly on your cheeks, it looks very natural (as seem in this post).

Currently doing:
Me and my friends have finally booked a holiday! As I talked about in this post, we have been planning this for a while, but it seemed like it wouldn't happen. However, my friend recently passed her driving test (on the 5th attempt!!), which means we'll be able to get around in her family's shared house in Menorca! So I really can't wait to go there, as I think it will be so much fun.
With A level exams fast approaching, I really should be doing a lot more revision than I am... let's not talk about that one any more.

Currently wanting:
Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in 107 - This is a classic that I feel like I need, if I'm to call myself a beauty blogger!
Collection Liner - I really want a liner that can go really close to the lash line and just enhance it, rather than being a statement of the look. As this one has been talked about a lot recently, and it's only £1.50 at Superdrug, I may just have to pick it up! Does anyone have any suggestions of a good thin eyeliner?

Thanks for reading!
Penny xxx

6 comments:

  1. Great blog and interesting post, dear!
    I love your design!

    xoxo




    MY BLOG CLICK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, snap :) great minds think alike, Penny, I see what you mean by our posts being similar! Now I want to read you Currently #1! x

    AmandaSays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep!! Here it is! http://polka-dot-penny.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/currently-1.html :D Penny xxx

      Delete
  3. Great post, I always wanted to try the tea tree BB cream, everyone seems to love it! :)
    The Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should try it out!! I recommend waiting until you've got a code for the body shop as I got mine for about £5 which is amazing! Penny xxx

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx