Sunday, 26 April 2015

What's in my purse?

Hi!

This is a post I don't think I've seen before, but from the amount of advantage cards and interesting things I have in my purse, I thought it would be a fun post!


Yes, this is the very same purse seen in this post! (You may not be surprised to know that the Primark bag didn't last the week...) I still love it, but as you may be able to see, the finish of the metal has worn away around the part you twist, which is slightly annoying.




These are some receipts with my name on... why you may ask? Because, as someone who helps to run the German Society at my Sixth Form, I often have to buy some popcorn and other snacks out of the society's budget. I've kept them because I need to be paid back at some point by the head of department! 


And here we have the collection of random and completely useless scraps of paper. Every single one of those Boots vouchers has expired. I think both of those receipts are a classic case of "oh I'll be a good person and take my receipt... oh wait this isn't my receipt at all", because I don't recognise any of the items on them! My cinema ticket for Mockingjay Part 1, which I really loved, especially the sequences of rebellion you didn't really get to hear about in the book.


Here are my important identity-type cards. 
  • A Barclays debit card, my sixth form identity card and my provisional driving license I can't really say much about!. 
  • Then there's my 16-25 Railcard, which I find so useful! If you go on a longer journey, you often find the amount of money you'll save (the card gives you a third off) is more than the cost of the railcard, especially if you have a discount. 
  • I am a member of Girlguiding UK in the Rangers, which is for girls from 14 to 18 - I enjoy it because it's an opportunity to chat, but the actual activities we do aren't that great, so I often don't go, but there is my membership card anyway!
  • My NUS card, which I found out is now out of date - these are quite useful, but I'm not completely sure they're worth the investment - the best discounts I've found are Superdrug (spoken about here) and Pizza Express, as on Mondays and Tuesdays you get 40% off. 
  • Then there's my Donor card - I encourage you all to sign up to be an organ donor, because you don't need them when you're gone!



And now the bit you've probably all been waiting for!
  • Debenhams Beauty Club Card - I think I've used this a grand total of one time! I'm definitely a drugstore girl.
  • Blott Eraser Reward Card - I've only ever bought one rubber from here, as a present for someone else (they're ridiculously expensive but very pretty) and they gave me this reward card, which promises the 11th rubber bought free.
  • New Look voucher - New Look is probably my favourite clothes shop, because I just find other places too expensive to justify buying too much from them. 
  • my John Lewis Card - Now before you all start thinking I'm secretly 100 years old, the only reason I have this is because they used to give out free coffee and cake every month to members of the rewards scheme. Unfortunately they've stopped this, so I don't really need this any more.
  • Superdrug Beauty Card - Although you only get 1 point per pound, I love that you can pay in cash and points at the same time, which I think is a downfall of the Boots card.
  • EvoCard - Unfortunately Evolution has now closed down :( It was my favourite shop for presents and nick-nacky things.
  • Lothian Ridacard - This is a momento of my trip to Edinburgh last year, but also because if you keep the card the price is reduced the next time you buy one. This card is fantastic if you're going to Edinburgh for a week or so - it gives you unlimited transport on buses and trams, which is essential if you aren't staying in the centre.
  • Nandos loyalty card - Now this is a good one. Although I haven't been to Nandos in a while, it is probably one of my favourite places to eat out. There are different levels, but basically if you spend over £7 on 10 different occasions you get an entire meal free. It's pretty great if you go there frequently.
  • Stagecoach Smart card - Yep, gotta get around somehow. 
  • Boots Advantage Card - Of course, the classic that everyone in the world should own. Everyone needs things from Boots, right?
Thanks for reading!
Penny xxx

8 comments:

  1. Cute purse! x
    OhjustAlice.blogspoyt.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many vouchers! totally scoring hehe

    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this is a fun post :) we girls are naturally inquisitive and I love stuff like this, although I've never seen a what's in my purse one! Snap, I have an organ donor card too! Also Boots and Superdrug cards. Once I presented my Boots card at a Superdrug shop - yeah, I got a pretty dirty look, haha, but I won't make the same mistake again! x

    ♥.•*¨ AmandaSays ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! That doesn't sound like a good situation to be in hahaha!! But I'm sure they should realise that we've got to shop around to get the best deals!

      Delete
  4. Cute post!! love this idea and your blog is supa cool xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx