Sunday, 24 May 2015

CURRENTLY #3

Hi!

I feel like all I've been doing recently is worrying about revision (note not actually revising...), but it turns out I have done other things!



Currently listening to:
Ear Biscuits - I realise I talked about this in my first currently post, but in the past couple of weeks I have gone IN on Ear Biscuits. I've downloaded all of the old episodes of people I've never even heard of, because regardless of what the person does, it's just so interesting to hear about someone's life in detail!

Currently watching:
Hannah Maggs - A fairly new discovery of mine, but quickly becoming one of my favourite YouTubers! Hannah vlogs her week with her beautiful family - but I don't even know if you can call them vlogs - they're just so well edited, making them very unique.
Made in Chelsea - This is so my guilty pleasure... I absolutely love the drama, eye-rolling and awkward silences.
Lily Pebbles - Lily has been vlogging throughout May and I adore her vlogs. I don't know what it is about them but they just make me smile every time. And her finding a highlight of the day is something I really admire. I think we could all do with finding a highlight - those small joys in every day that we just don't always take note of.

Currently reading:
Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - Well I can safely say I'm going to fail my reading challenge... But I have been enjoying this book, which is a fantasy novel.
The Sunday Girl - I really enjoy Adrienne's posts - you know when you're scrolling through Bloglovin and you see a post about a product you're not that interested in and you decide not to read it, but then change your mind when you see who it's by? That. Although most of her posts I would want to read anyway! I really love that she has oily skin like me (sounds odd, I know), as I can get more of an idea of if products would work well with my skin type. And how does she get so many good quality posts out? Witchcraft, I tell you.

Currently using:
Pixi Lip Blush in Energy - I got this in the Latest in Beauty Capital box, so I've been using it quite a lot recently. I would say it's like a better version of  Benefit's Cha Cha Tint. I was going to say it's a dupe, but no! The colours are practically the same - corals that look quite reddy on the lips, but this is much better because I find Cha Cha Tint can cling to dry patches on my lips, which this one doesn't do. It lasts a fairly long time as well. I haven't tried this as a blush, as I find these kind of blushes too difficult to work with. Even though I think it's better than Cha Cha tint, I don't think I would repurchase it, because for me, it's not really worth £12.50. But I'm glad I got it in a beauty box!

Sorry the writing is quite small!
Maybelline Rocket Mascara - I think this mascara is really nice for a fluttery-lashed daytime look. However, I do find the wand quite large, which can make it difficult to work with. My main issue, however is that it smudges so much. The lashes stay looking good, but there is always a black splodge under my eyes. And then after all that it's difficult to remove. I wouldn't buy this again, but I do like it, especially with a layer of Benefit Rollerlash to extend the lashes even more.

Currently doing:
I took part in a YouGov-organised focus group, which ended up with me getting a £30 Amazon voucher! I'm so pleased, as now I've preordered Louise's Book and Dan and Phil's Book, which I was going to do anyway, but now it's free!

Currently wanting:
A facial SPF - I'd like something for the warmer months that doesn't turn my face into an oil slick. This Vichy one looks pretty good to me, and it's on offer at the moment.

Thanks for reading!
Penny xxx

4 comments:

  1. Great idea for a post :) I really want to try that PIXI Lip Blush
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D You should, if it's your type of thing!

      Delete
  2. I love Rocket mascara and it is one of my favorites from drugstore cause it gives amazing volume. I love to read The Sunday girl, too

    sparklygoddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when different people like different products, it's one of my favourite things about blogging :D The rocket mascara isn't the one for me but it's so great that you like it!!

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx