Sunday, 28 June 2015

My leaver's ball

Hi!

As I told you in my last post, I have now finished my exams, so I recently had a leaver's ball (like prom, but in the UK prom is at 16 and I am now 18). I had such a great time with all my friends and it was a pretty momentous occasion as it marked the end of my two years at my sixth form college. I took some photos so I thought I would share them with you and tell you about the dress and makeup. I'm not particularly happy with any of these pictures, but unfortunately I can't go back and take more now!


My dress is from the Elise Ryan brand from ASOS - it was one I saw on there and then it kept coming up on my adverts and in the end I just knew I had to have it - link. My shoes are wedges from New Look, as I can't be dealing with proper high heels for comfort purposes! I bought them over two years ago though so they won't be available any more sadly. Something that may be a bit TMI, but that I think I should put in is that I needed to buy a non-padded strapless bra to go with this dress as there is a lot of padding in the bust area. I would say that this dress stays up very well until you are dancing a lot! Which is slightly unfortunate as obviously there was a lot of dancing at the ball, but I didn't mind holding it up too much.


The products I used were:
Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette in Nude - a mixture of Buttercream and Biscuit on the lid and a mixture of Chocolate Milk and Brown Sugar in the crease
Maybelline Eraser Eye in Light under my eyes
Revlon Photoready Concealer in Light on blemishes (not my favourite but the best option I had)
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair on a blemish on my chest and in the inner corner of my eyes
Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown
Maybelline Rocket Mascara on the top lashes
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara to extend and separate my top lashes and on the bottom lashes



I had Rimmel Rita Ora Nail Polish in Glastonberry on my fingernails and toenails. I didn't want to have something similar to the colour of my dress!

Thanks for reading! Have you had a prom recently?
Penny xxx

7 comments:

  1. You look lovely. I just adore that green dress; it's stunning. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely. I just adore that green dress; it's stunning. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great dress, you are stunning darling!

    http://justohana.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress you look great doll!
    xo
    A
    www.greigemarket.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx