Sunday, 14 June 2015

The Edinburgh Fringe!

Hi!

For the last couple of years, me and my best friend Lizzie (blog here) have gone to the Edinburgh Fringe festival. If you guys haven't heard of this, it's an arts festival which is especially well known for its comedy. We went to practically all free comedy shows, which there are so many of and are often as good as comedians you see on the telly! It's slightly different due to the fact you're normally in the back room of a pub with 30 people at the Fringe! I thought free shows might not be that great, but honestly, I really recommend them, because as a general rule they are so good! The comedians always ask for donations at the end, and nearly everyone always gives something, but it's paying a pound instead of a tenner like some shows are and it's definitely worth it! Also, going to free shows means you can go to as many as you like without having to worry about the costs racking up.

Us outside the castle!

Lizzie inside the Udderbelly (a special area)

Me inside the Elephant Cafe, where JK Rowling wrote the first Harry Potter book

Me and Lizzie trying to get a good picture of Edinburgh with us in!!

I also really love Edinburgh as a city. It's so beautiful and there are fun things around every corner. Especially when the festival is on, because there are street performers everywhere - everything is turned into a venue during August! I definitely want to go back soon (maybe if myself or Lizzie pass our driving test this year it will be easier...), but basically, I definitely think you should all check the Fringe out if you've ever got the chance.

On top of Arthur's Seat 
Thanks for reading! Have you ever been to the Fringe or another similar festival?
Penny xxx

9 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great time. Lovely photos! x
    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post dear!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! the picture before last made me laugh ! looks like you both had a great time :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I really like it too!! We really did :D

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of this event before but it sounds so much fun. I love comedy! I love the photos too xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check it out if you ever get the chance!! Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a great time!
    I'd love to go to the Fringe festival it sounds amazing :)
    Edinburgh really is a lovely city too!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really did!! If you get a chance you should definitely go!

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx