Sunday, 26 July 2015

CURRENTLY #4

Hi!

I felt it was high time to tell you guys about what I've been up to and enjoying recently. I don't have a schedule for these posts, but maybe I should - let me know!


Currently listening to:
Shut up and Dance - I just love it after a trip away or an event with friends, like a holiday or prom, there's always a song that reminds you of it. For my recent holiday in Menorca with my friends, the song was definitely this one. 

Currently watching:
Dead Air - This is a comedy short film written by the Radio 1 DJ Greg James. I absolutely love his humour, so I knew I would enjoy this and I do. 
Rosanna Pierce - I love Rosi's personality so I really enjoy watching her weekly vlogs. Her makeup videos are so impressive as well - I would never be able to recreate any of them, but I wish I could.

Currently reading:
Life with Sprinkle of Glitter - I recently finished reading this and I'm not completely sure what to think of it. I absolutely love Louise and I definitely enjoyed reading it, but I felt I just got through it too quickly and there wasn't really anything completely original and WOW about it. I've heard reviews from people saying they didn't like it as it seems to be aimed at a much younger audience, but, as an 18 year old I felt I could enjoy it and there are also quite a few tips for mothers. I really liked that all the pages are so beautifully decorated, but I don't like the cover at all, I think it makes it look like a children's Barbie book, which it isn't. She's definitely been mindful that a lot of her audience are younger, but it was still enjoyable to read.

Currently using:
Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter - Since this post about my collection of body butters, I have been slowly trying to use them up, and surprisingly really enjoying it! This body butter has such a summer scent for me. It sinks into the skin really quickly, so that's brilliant. As a sidenote, something I didn't realise about Body Shop body butters is that they all have a recommended skin type - this one is for normal skin (although the website says normal to dry) and I have another one that I believe is recommended for Very Dry skin, which takes ages to absorb. Just something to check out before you buy!
L'oreal Superliner Perfect Slim - This is the first eyeliner I've tried that I can get anywhere near a slim line with, so I'm loving using it at the moment.


Currently loving:
Ice cream making - We had loads of strawberries left over after a weekend with the family, and I had only recently remembered about our ice cream maker which we'd had stashed in storage for about 10 years, so I put two and two together and got YUM. The ice cream I made tastes exactly like the kind you get in little pots at the theatre. I can do a post about how to make this (or another) very simple ice cream, if you would like that.

Currently doing:
I've just finished two weeks of work at an English learning Summer School, where I had a really fun time, even if having to be the most enthusiastic dancer at the discos was extremely embarrassing! 

Currently wanting:
To wear my leather jacket again - although there was no dress code at the summer school, I felt wearing a leather jacket wouldn't be entirely appropriate, so I held back on that, but today I'm looking forward to getting back in my favourite item of clothing.
I'm still after a facial SPF, as I mentioned in my last Currently post. This time around I'm lusting after the La Roche Posay Anthelios Anti-Shine SPF 30.

Thanks for reading! 
Penny xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx