Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Travelling Hand Luggage Only: Toiletries and Makeup

Hi!

So recently I had a weekend away for my cousin's wedding in Dublin and I had an amazing time, but something more challenging about the trip (other than the hangover...) was packing my toiletries with the hand luggage restrictions, so I thought I'd show you guys what I packed.



The Liquids
  • Simple Oil Balancing Moisturiser - I really enjoy this day cream, it feels so moisturising when you put it on, but it does keep the shine at bay throughout the day
  • Essentiel Elements Rosemary Shower Gel - My parents brought this shower gel back from a hotel and it's got much more of a minty smell than a rosemary one the name suggests. It's OK, but not something I would buy.
  • Simple Eye Makeup Remover (in a travel container) - I love this eye makeup remover... is there any more to say?
  • Maybelline Eraser Eye in Light - I really love this concealer under the eyes - it's a bit too orangey for me, but it's a much better match after my recent holiday to Menorca!
  • Dove Silk Dry Deodorant - A nice smelling deodorant that dries fairly fast.
  • Botanics All Bright Night cream (in an old film canister!) - I'm not too keen on this night cream as I find it's not particularly moisturising
  • Vaseline - I've talked about this enough on this blog to annoy every single one of my readers, as it's no longer available (although I did spot it in the back of a Boots the other day, so keep your eyes peeled if you're interested!)
  • Creightons Raspberry and Pomegranate Body Butter - A lovely body butter with a delicious scent!
  • Elizabeth Arden Advanced Eye Fix Primer - I've got to keep that eyeshadow on my eyelids somehow! I didn't look on the evening of the wedding, but I looked in the morning (oops I kept my makeup on...) and at least one eyelid had held up fairly well, so for nearly 24 hours I don't think that's too bad!
  • Maybelline the Rocket Mascara - Definitely not my favourite mascara, but I can still use it fairly successfully and I want to use it up now as it's been open for so long.
  • Superdrug Vitamin E Eye Cream (no link online, but definitely in stores) - I don't quite know what to think of this yet, it's quite hydrating, but possibly not as much as I'd like it to be, especially for something aimed at normal to dry skins.
  • Simple Cleansing Lotion - I've been really enjoying this recently and I feel that with cleansing twice daily (with Nivea once and this once) my skin is improving.

The Non Liquids
  • Sleek Contour Kit in Light - I didn't use this at all, but I brought it in case I wanted to bronze up a little.
  • Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette in Nude - I'm not in love with this eye palette as I feel it's a bit boring really, and the colours are pretty similar to each other, but it's a good option when you don't have much space and it's got really great pigmentation, plus it's so cheap!
  • Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey - A great natural lip option.
  • Miss Sporty Glossy Eyeshadow in Gold Almond - I bought this in the hope that it would be a dupe for something like the Kiko Eyeshadow Stick, which I couldn't find a single suitable shade of (they seemed to only have blues and greens in stock in Cambridge), but it creases very quickly. I've only tried wearing it once, so I will report back when I've used it a few more times, in different ways.
  • Revlon Photoready Concealer in Light - I realise I said I didn't like this in my Disappointing Products post, and I'm still not completely convinced, but I occasionally like to wear it on blemishes, applied with the accent brush.
  • Topshop Kohl Eyeliner - I wanted to have the option of something more dramatic on one of the days that wasn't the actual wedding, but it turned out that I went makeup free on every day except the Saturday.
  • Brushes: Elf Complexion Brush, Elf Stipple Brush (without a handle - it's fallen off and I didn't want to reattach it as that means extra bulk when I was a bit strapped for space, Deluxe Crease Brush, Base Shadow Brush, Accent Brush, Pixel Point Eyeliner Brush, Brow Brush from the Real Techniques Starter Set, Real Techniques Shading Brush - a couple of the Real Techniques ones aren't in the picture for some reason.
The Boring Bits
The Boring Bits
  • Loofer
  • Shower Cap
  • Flannel
  • Jewellery (OK it's not toiletries, but that's where I keep that kind of thing)
  • Hairbrush
  • Contact lens travel container and normal container
  • Paracetamol - forgot to put this in the picture!
  • Razor (Gillette Venus Classic with Divine refills)
  • Toothbrush (I shared toothpaste with my parents) - oops I forgot to photograph one too!
  • Hair clip (I should have also brought a band or two)
  • Primark Cotton Pads
To see the look I went for on the wedding day, take a look at my leaver's ball post, as I wore exactly the same clothes and makeup!

Thanks for reading!
Penny xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx