Sunday, 23 August 2015

Latest in Beauty Awards Winner's Box

Hi!

I really like the concept of Latest In Beauty - I don't want to sign up for a beauty subscription service because you might get lots of things you don't like and they seem to include more samples than full size products, but with Latest In Beauty you can just buy an individual box that you like. I recently bought the Awards Winner's Box, so I thought I'd tell you guys about my initial thoughts. The box costs £21.50 and is worth over £84.




La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo + - I've thought about buying this in the past and it sounded so good, so it was probably one of the main reasons I bought this box. I've only used it a little bit so I definitely can't say anything about long term effects with respect to reducing scarring, but it feels nice and moisturising on the skin. I think it can be used as an everyday moisturiser (as I have oily skin), but I'm not entirely sure, does anyone know anything about that?

Burt's Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream - I hadn't read any reviews of this before I used it, so I was a bit surprised by it! It contains menthol, which means there's a definite tingle when you use it. I wondered if this might mean it's not great for sensitive skin, but apparently it's not a problem - definitely not for eyes though. I'm quite enjoying using this cleanser, but I haven't tried removing makeup with it yet as I don't tend to wear face makeup.

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer - I've never used a hair mask in my life so I'm looking forward to trying this one out.

Dr Organic Snail Gel Facial Serum - I was extremely intrigued by this serum due to the unique ingredient! I've used it a couple of times and I have to say the dispenser which I thought looked great is a bit more difficult to use - it seems to blast the product for miles. The smell really puts me off using it. It's kind of like toilet cleaner to me and I find it really lingers. I can't say much about the lasting effects, but as it claims to be anti-aging and I'm only 18, I'm not sure it will help me too much.

Zoella Beauty Fresh Fizz Fragranced Bath Fizzer - I haven't tried any of Zoe's beauty products before and I'm excited to have a go with this one, but as I don't have baths very often I haven't had a chance yet.

Burt's Bees Lip Crayon in Hawaiian Smoulder - First off, I love the packaging with the honeycomb cut-out! I didn't think I was going to like this colour as it looks quite out there, but it's actually really wearable. It feels quite moisturising when you put it on, but dries to matte. It doesn't last that well, but fades quite nicely.

The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Miracle Solid Oil - This solid oil sounds great for moisturising dry areas all over the body. I haven't used it yet as I'm half planning to give it to my friend who is always using Vaseline to moisturise, so I think she needs an upgrade!

COLAB Dry Shampoo in Monaco - I'm not totally convinced by COLAB dry shampoos, but it will be very useful to have this one in a travel friendly size. The scent is very fresh and almost lemony.

Eye Of Horus Brown Mascara (but the box available now has the Brown Eyeliner) - I'm not sure how much use I'm going to get out of this mascara as I like to use black. However, I used this on my bottom lashes the other day and it really lengthened them, plus it's a fairly dark brown so I will for sure try it out on my top lashes as well.

Thanks for reading! How do you feel about beauty boxes and Latest in Beauty in particular?
Penny xxx

12 comments:

  1. The Burt's Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream sounds absolutely marvelous. Love chamomile. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it out! Or buy this box as the cream is about £10 and the box is only £21.95!!

      Delete
  2. The Latest in Beauty boxes are the best! I had the Burt's Bees cleanser a few years back and loved the smell of it!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are aren't they!? Ah cool, I'm not completely sure on the smell cause I find it clings to my flannel and stuff, but I do like it.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I want everything! Specially the Zoe bar x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you should buy it :D Have you tried any of her products?

      Delete
  4. I love the concept of this box, one of the reasons I never wanted to buy a subscription box is that you never know what's in it, and knowing my luck I'd end up rich a load of products I'll never use! I really like the look of most of the boys included in here, especially the Effaclar Duo +

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Plus it's so expensive to pay for it every month, so I like to use this one instead :) But I think a surprise would be nice as well

      Delete
  5. i haven't tried any of zoe's stuff either but i want to!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always want to support Youtubers I watch but I don't have enough money!! :)

      Delete
  6. I really liked all the products you got, this sounds like a great box, I'm really interested in the dry oil!

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the body shop argan solid oil? It sounds pretty good to moisturise anywhere and everywhere!!

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx