Sunday, 4 October 2015

How To Make Delicious Chocolatey Brownies

Hi!

I've loved making these brownies for ages now. It's a recipe from Mary Berry that I've changed a little and I always get compliments on how delicious they are. I hope it works just as well for you as it does for me!



Ingredients:

200g-350g dark chocolate (as much as you have!)
225g margarine 
2 teaspoons instant coffee
2 tablespoons (ish) hot water
3 eggs
225g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
75g self-raising flour


Method:

  • Preheat the oven to 190°C or 375°F.
  • Melt the chocolate and margarine together in a bowl above hot water, stirring occasionally.

  • While that's happening, mix together the instant coffee and hot water and then add in the sugar, vanilla essence and eggs. 
  • Gradually add the chocolate mixture into the bowl with the egg mixture, stirring as you go.
  • Fold in the flour.
  • If you want you can add lots of fun things like chocolate chips or nuts, but I think this is yummy enough on it's own!
  • Put the mixture in a large tin (around 12x9 inches) lined with greaseproof paper or non-stick sheet.
  • Place in the pre-heated oven for around 40-45 minutes - to check it's cooked you can put a knife into the brownie and if it comes out clean, it's cooked.
  • Cool on a wire rack, cut into pieces and EAT!
Thanks for reading! If any of you try this out, let me know and tell me how it went.
Penny xxx

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm my favourite =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yay!! Try them out, they're really not that hard to make :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. My new flatmates think they taste pretty good too!! :D

      Delete

Hi! I absolutely love reading my comments. I nearly always reply, so check back here a couple of days later or click notify me and I'm sure to have answered a question or just said hello! Penny xxx